Wednesday, October 2, 2013

#RacingRobots rivalry... it's on in Houston!

As an IndyCar driver I tend to be pretty competitive, and that applies not only on track but also off track. In Houston, I'm going for the win (just like every other race weekend). And yes, that means I'm going for the win in the #RacingRobots competition against fellow IndyCar driver and my PitFit Training partner Josef Newgarden!

On Saturday, Oct. 5, I'm partnering with the FIRST Robotics Competition team 148 “Robowranglers" for a challenge against Josef and team 118 “Robonauts." The Robowranglers' robot, Viper, will square off against the Robonauts' robot, Apex. And because everyone loves a good friendly competition, we're letting the fans pick the wager for us. What should the driver on the losing team have to do before the race on Sunday? Tell us on Twitter with the hashtag #RacingRobots!

I met the Robowranglers at Texas Motor Speedway earlier this year with Honda Racing, and let me tell you... they are an impressive group of young adults with a lot of passion for what they do! And of course, I was totally geeked to see their robot in person. Click here to learn more, and if you'll be at the race this weekend, stop by the INDYCAR Fan Village at 12:15 p.m. Saturday to watch the Robowranglers win!

Meeting the Robowranglers at TMS.
It is SO on, Josef!

No comments :

Post a Comment