Tuesday, June 19, 2012

A different kind of podium finish

I just got home from a great day trip to Washington, D.C. And, unlike most of my recent travel, this trip did not involve time in a race car. Instead, I was one of 18 national recipients of the Jefferson Awards for Public Service.

It was an absolute honor to receive the Jefferson Award as recognition for my work with Novo Nordisk in the diabetes community. To be included in such an inspirational group of people is truly special! I am very blessed to be able to do what I love and at the same time inspire people to overcome obstacles and live their dreams. I really have to thank my parents for their guidance from day one, and Novo Nordisk for allowing me to live my dream and inspire others.

You can read more about the award here. Now it's time for me to get back to work in the race car and use this experience as motivation for a good result in Iowa!

No comments :

Post a Comment