Friday, May 4, 2012

It's the most wonderful time of the year!

It’s May—the greatest time of year. I couldn’t be more excited and anxious to get on track at Indianapolis Motor Speedway! No matter how many times I drive into the Speedway, or take a walk down Gasoline Alley, it never gets old. And to have the opportunity to take a shot at winning the Greatest Spectacle in Racing is priceless.

It’s only the first week of May, but things are already ramping up. Yesterday I went up to Ft. Wayne, Indiana to visit a group of families at Lutheran Hospital. I had the chance to share my story, talk about racing, and hopefully give the kids motivation to chase their own dreams. Click here to watch a quick video, and click here to see a couple of pics. Tomorrow I head to Memorial Hospital in South Bend and St. Joseph’s Medical Center in Mishawaka to meet more fellow type 1 diabetics.

On the agenda for today is a seat belt fitting at the Novo Nordisk Chip Ganassi Racing shop, then later this evening I’m going to a concert with friends. Should be a fun time! This Sunday I’ll fly down to Texas for the open test on Monday… a little bit of seat time is always a good thing! After I get back, it’s full-speed ahead (pun intended!) for the Month of May!

Hope to see you all at the track this month!

6 comments :

  1. It was great meeting you yesterday in Ft Wayne. You are and inspiration to my daughter. We try to teach her, even with T1 diabetes she can do whatever she wants to do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Glad you and your family enjoyed it. Hope to see you again soon! -CK

      Delete
  2. Hey Charlie! First, I wanted to drop you a line wishing you well as we get more into the month of May and the 500 rolls near! We've been here in Indy for eight years, but I'm actually excited to finally be going to my first race this year (outside of media coverage and practice runs in the past). And that actually brings something to mind... it might be awesome to get some coverage over on DiabetesMine. You know where I'm at on Twitter and in the blogosphere, so drop me a line and we can see what might work best! Especially since I'm here in the area and pretty open!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michael! Glad to hear you'll be at the race. Contact kim@charliekimball.com and she can chat with you about DiabetesMine. -CK

      Delete
  3. It was good to meet you at St Joseph Regional Medical Center. Thanx for taking the time, on a Saturday morning in May no less, to provide this outreach. Keep up the good work and good luck this season. Stay safe!!!

    ReplyDelete