Thursday, April 8, 2010

Barber Preview

Back at a racetrack and none too soon! I got a taste of racing in St. Pete and am just itching to get back in the car. Not to say that I haven't been busy. I have been in 4 states, 5 airports, 3 hotels and even at home since the race. I got a chance to go back to California to see my family for Easter, rest and beat the cold I picked up in Florida and go cycling for a couple hours with my friends. Then on Tuesday, I got to drive a pace car for media at the Long Beach Grand Prix circuit. It was a blast and I even got to meet a couple of the celebrities and pros driving in the Toyota Pro Celebrity race at the Long Beach Grand Prix. I got to have a cool conversation with Zachary Levi who plays Chuck on TV and even got a photo (I look terribly star struck....And I am so glad he is repping a Dodger hat....Go Blue!).

But now it is back to business. I am down in Birmingham Alabama for the Indy Grand Prix of Alabama at the Barber Motorsports Park. We had a good test here back in February and I can't wait to see how tomorrow shakes out. At the open test, I was third quickest, just 0.2sec off the quickest time (even with an engine problem that cost us 2 hours of track time!). My engineer and I have a few good ideas about how to improve from the test and I hope we can be setting the pace from the outset. I can't wait. I hope I can sleep tonight!

Also, here is a great article from the AP as it was posted on SportsIllustrated.com and CBSSports.com.

No comments :

Post a Comment