Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Announcement coming soon!

An announcement about my 2009 Firestone Indy Lights campaign will be coming sometime today or tomorrow. I am really excited about this season and all of the options that will be available to me. I am already spending some time with the team management and can't wait to get to know the mechanics and engineers more. The plan is for me to be in the car testing on Thursday, Sunday and Monday before the first race. I am sure that after three days of testing, I will be very comfortable with the car and ready to race. The first race of the season is the Honda Grand Prix of St. Petersburg, April 3-5.

I had a bit of journey to get here as my first of two flights got delayed leaving Burbank and so I missed my connection. Luckily, the airline put me up in a hotel for the night, but it meant I got to the team midday Monday rather than Sunday night. It turned out to be not that big of a problem and I really did appreciate the hotel room. I was not looking forward to seeing how comfortable the chairs in the airport terminal were to sleep on!

No comments :

Post a Comment