Saturday, February 21, 2009

My Double Dozen Birthday


On Friday I celebrated my 24th birthday and since I happened to be home on my actual day, I wanted to celebrate with my friends. I have had some pretty awesome birthdays in the past. For my 21st, I spent a weekend in Euro Disney, just outside of Paris. For a couple of my birthdays during high school, my friends and I went snowboarding at Mammoth Mountain. I think it was my 14th birthday, I remember winning a go-kart race at the now non-existent El Cajon Speedway. However, this year I wanted something a little more low-key. So instead of a massive dinner party, a weekend ski trip, or Disneyland, my parents and a few of my friends went out to dinner at a local family owned restaurant and bar- JJ Brewsky’s in Camarillo. I like JJ’s for a few reasons. They have good food, I like to support local restaurants when I can and they have a very wide selection of beers on tap. I rarely drink, and very rarely during the racing season, but wanted to have a beer to celebrate my birthday. JJ’s is the only restaurant in the area where I have found Lost Coast Brewery’s Great White on tap. I had a great time and a lot of fun with my friends. I meant to take lots of pictures of the evening to share, but I was having such a good time I completely forgot! I also managed to have a great steak sandwich with curly fries and a chocolate toffee mousse (don’t tell my diabetes nutritionist!) and kept my blood glucose numbers very close to where they should be! And so after another birthday, I will leave you with a piece of advice one of my uncles gave me “You have to grow old, but you never have to grow up!”

No comments :

Post a Comment